The meaning of Empowering
“The process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights” Basic definition.
One’s rights, We have them- Especially here in America yet, how many of us really feel this?
We are near the end of January, the first month in 2021.. There is so much going on With :
- Our continued and growing pandemic
- Recent attack on our US capital.
- New President and administration
- Dealing with financial challenges
These are just 4 things that we are surrounded by today that are affecting our daily life. Feeling empowered may be the last on our list of thoughts or feelings right now.
With regard to the: pandemic – recent attack- new president & financial uncertainty..
It would be great to hold an open discussion with those of you reading or listening in..
I would like to hear how you feel with so much unrest and division going on.
How are you coping? I would like to hear from you directly- want to talk?
There are solutions to every situation that we are confronted with; it’s a choice; even with our emotions of: fear- disappointments- and financial worries.
The first and natural response for most of us tends to be too reactive, resulting in anger or blame. These are natural emotions. Which many people have been experiencing lately. Do you believe in what others tell you or are you one to decide for yourself rationally?
Did you know that Anger and grudges are one of the main influences in creating poor health? According to Dr. Elson M Hass, “Staying healthy with the Season“
Emotions that are stored within like anger & grudges can negatively affect us;
especially to our Immune system.
There are so many tips we can learn to stay healthy to avoid getting illnesses.
Have you started reading this book yet?
One certain fact, life changes.. even though we do our best to hang on or try to stop the process.. this is life. I like the saying of “rolling with the punches”-From fighting champions; Bruce Lee talked a lot about striving to be like water for a similar reason; to not let life’s hardships create bitterness and anger or break you down.
My mentor Dr. Daisaku Ikeda shares:
Have you ever surfed? If you have then you know you don’t always ride the waves like a pro; you get knocked down over and over again; yet, those that love to surf keep going back out until they master it; without fear ! The joy is the challenge !
No point at getting angry at the wave or blame the ocean for not succeeding.. It’s us that needs more wisdom and skill.. Striving to be the best we can is the joy in life..
Here are 7 ways to feel more empowered in life:
- Set a goal and complete it! Previous post shares some good information on this.
- Challenge the negative thoughts– “becoming the master of our mind; not allowing our mind to master us”, Nichiren Daishonin.
- Take care of yourself! – How generic right? We are each unique; with special needs and interests.. What does this mean to you? What are some areas you could care more about for your well-being?
- Connect with others– Do you have close friends you look up to or do they drain you? Do you enjoy connecting to others?
- Get clear on what you want to experience– Previous post shares more thoughts on this.
- Practice Appreciation & Gratitude– Previous posts share more thoughts on this.
- Involve yourself in something you love or enjoy! Do you allow yourself to have play time? Do you have a hobby? Want to discover one?
This is a general outline- For specific ideas, there are many to choose from.
We are not ONE size fits all tribe; What I might find helpful may be hurtful to you .
Some questions for you:
Have my previous post/ podcasts been of support or comfort? How have they helped?
How are you coping?
I strive to share topics I believe to be of support to all of us during this current time.
Please let me know your thoughts… Everything I share, I have you in mind.. with hopes you will feel inspired and empowered to live the best life possible..
If you know of anyone in need of encouragement I am happy to reach out; let me know.
We all deserve to live and experience the best life; We are responsible and can
Feel empowered to explore more!
Blessings to you and your loved ones..
PS– future topics?
- What would you like more information on with healthy living?
- Want a $50.00 Gift Card in trying superfoods?
- Want to schedule some time to talk?
- Please send me an email with details on contact you.
1 thought on “7 Tips to Empower your life!”
Pingback: 5 ideas on Feeling love & appreciation - Choix d' Vie